Immigration Issues/1-90


I'm in desperate need of advice. My husband was charged w/a possesion of narc last year in San Diego(2006)my husbands wallet was stolen and we applied for a replacement INS sent us a letter asking for the files of the case.  Can he be deported for this charge of personal use of narc and would an expungement work to keep INS from deportation?

I am not sure what you are asking?  I don't know what your husband's current status is. If he is a US citizen, then he is ok.  But if he is here illegally, anything can cause him to be deported. If he is here legally under a visa, the drug charge will result in his deportation.

get a lawyer to help you.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.