Immigration Issues/1-90

Question
I'm in desperate need of advice. My husband was charged w/a possesion of narc last year in San Diego(2006)my husbands wallet was stolen and we applied for a replacement INS sent us a letter asking for the files of the case.  Can he be deported for this charge of personal use of narc and would an expungement work to keep INS from deportation?

Answer
I am not sure what you are asking?  I don't know what your husband's current status is. If he is a US citizen, then he is ok.  But if he is here illegally, anything can cause him to be deported. If he is here legally under a visa, the drug charge will result in his deportation.

get a lawyer to help you.

Alexander J. Hay