Immigration Issues/I-129F Petition


My fiance (who is a UK resident) and I are in the early stages of the I-129F Petition and have run into a few small problems.  He graduated from a university a year ago and I graduated last month.  Because of this we were wondering how we should answer the G-325A question concerning employment in the past 5 years.  We have both held a few random summer jobs, but in order to fill in the time gaps we would technically be unemployed for the majority of it.  Which means my question really is does that question refer to full time employment, part time employment, or both, and how should I convey that the time we were not working we were studying?  The other problem we have is that I will be moving from Florida to North Carolina to begin working on a graduate degree in a couple months, and am in the process of purchasing a house up there.  How should I submit the I-129F form as we will definitely be living there but do not know the exact address yet?  Thank you in advance.

Elizabeth: You need to complete the G-325 giving the details of both your job histories as required. It does not require you to account for the gaps in your employment.

There is an option of calling the USCIS 1-800 number and notifying the change of address.


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.