Immigration Issues/I-130

Question
Hello Mr.Mills,
I will really appreciate if you could please answer my question.
I have my I-130 pending through my mother who is a US Citizen.She filed in August 2004.My question is.When I get my immigration visa hopefully in 2008 will my daughter (who is unmarried and under 21 and hopefully will be 21 by the time I get my visa)be eligible to get her immigration visa at the same time based on my status?

Thank you,
Syed

Answer
Probably not.  I assume that you are the married son or daughter of a US Citizen.  The current wait time for this type of visa is about 7 years.  If your daughter is over 21, she will not be a derivative beneficiary.  If your daughter is then unmarried, you could then file for her but she would also have a long wait.

James D. Mills, Esq.