Immigration Issues/i-130 Application


I've been in the U.S. for more than 16 years, I was brought here when I was only 4 months old. So I grew and have been raised here. My mother married my step-dad (permanent resident) in 2001 and filed an I-130 application in April of 2001. When we received our receipt notice my mother's name was only on it. Does that mean I'm not included.Though my name was sent on the application as a unmarried son or daughter under 21. I'm going to college next year and yet we have not received a notice from USCIS of of an approved application. I'm afraid I won't be able to attend college to my current immigration status. What Can I do?

You are included as long as your father has not become a citizen in the meantime. Spearate I-130s are only required for children when the petitioner is a citizen or the child is over 21.The I-130 should have been adjudicated already and you and your mom should be able to file for Adjustment of Status if you can gt proof the I-130 is approved.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.