Immigration Issues/I-130 Recipet time

Question
I am a U.s Citzen petitioning for my Pakistani spouce using the I-130 and will use the I-129F for a K-3 Visa in the future. I mailed the I-130 Petition on May 10 2007 with the help of a non-profit immigration agency in Boston. I recived a registered mail recipet with a stamp of May 14 2007 from the VT processing center. The non-profit Immigration agency stated that it has been taking USCIS on the average of three weeks to send out the recipet notice for the I-130 is the true? Has the USCIS been averaging three weeks for a recipet notice of I-130 from the VT processing center?

Answer

Yes, recently the USCIS VT Service Center has been taking 3 weeks to issue a receipt notice for any case...the USCIS has been busy processing a flood of H-1B petitions, and this has taken resources away from other casework.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora