Immigration Issues/how can an I-130 appplication be expedited

How can an I-130 application filed in April of 2001 be expedited

under section 43b cancelation of removal and adjustment of status.

A lady that I know will be deported unless her 1-130 application is processed whithin a month.

Sure, she can go into Federal District Court and file a Mandamus action to get the judge to order USCIS to adjudicate the case.  I can't say how effective that would be but it would cost several thousand dollars for a competent attorney to handle the case.  Cancellation of removal has nothing to do with a pending I-130.  Exceptional and extremely unusual hardship is the standard for cancellation of removal (along with other requirements) and it is an extremely high standard to meet.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997