Immigration Issues/I-130 cancellation

Question
I'm an F1 student married to Permanent Resident for almost two years and I filed for I 130 in july 2006. Now I met a US citizen I failed in love with and going through divorce.
I'm planing to marry the us girl. please what can advise me? do you think canceling my I130 and marrying the us citzen and reaplying for adjustment of status would consider as fraud by the INS? please advise ASP before I make any kind of mistake.
thanks AGAGLA

Answer

There is no problem. There may be some questions about whether you marriage with the permanent resident was a bonafide marriage at the time that marriage took place (even though you subsequently divorced) but this can easily be shown to be bonafide by providing evidence of a joint life together before things did not work out with her and a divorce resulted.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora