Immigration Issues/I-130 petition for Relative (Mother)

I am US citizen and I am filling the I-130 for my mother who lives in Colombia. She currenlty has the Tourist Visa B1. I am sending the complete I-130  in two weeks to the TX sub-office ( I live in Austin TX). My question is she is in Colombia right now, but she is coming to U.S.A in august with her tourist visa...
Are we going to have a response before August?
What will it happen when she enters the country  as a tourist? Do I need to amend the I-130? or send a new form?
Thank you
Adriana Ballard

The process for your mother's immigrant visa will take between 8-12 months. They may not let her in for the August tourist trip, since they will then know that she wants to stay forever.

I would recomnmend not filing the I-130 now. Have her cvome here in August and then after 60 days file the I-130 and Adjustment of Status paperwork. She will not be able to return to Colombia until the paperwork is pending about 90 days and then she will get travel permission.

Call me if you have questions - 516-487-0500. I have a lot of Colombian clients - they are the best people in the world!!!

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>