Immigration Issues/I-131 info

Question
Hello there,
I was just wondering about the I-131 form(travel).I am in the process of adjusting my status and need to go home in march to take care of personal bank business.I MUST attend in person,no one else can do it for me.Its important in the sense that I could lose a lot of money if I dont appear in person.I guess I am wondering if I mail the form in monday would I get it back before I leave or should I apply in person as an emergency or could you suggest another way?Any help would be grateful...regards,Alan

Answer
Hi Alan,

If you mail in the form, you can expect to wait for about 3 months before advance parole document is issued.

You can apply for same day issuance of the advance parole document from your local USCIS office based on an emergency. Personal bank business can be considered an emergency (business or personal reasons are acceptable). You can make an appointment to go to the local USCIS office through Infopass: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora