Immigration Issues/I-140

Question
HI, I have a PERM application 2005, my I-140 has been approved recently, what is the next step for my application, how many years do I have to wait?. my category belongs to skilled/professional.

thank you.

EBM

Answer
EBM:

The EB-3 category is backlogged for all countries and the priority dates are currently at 2001-2002. The exact dates would depend on your country of birth. Based on these numbers the waiting period would be "many years" as you have stated. No one knows  exactly how long it would take since it depends on lot of factors.

You should check if you are eligible for EB-2. Since for countries other than China and India, EB-2 priority dates are current.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan