Immigration Issues/F1 visa to greencard

My husband came as an F-1 visa.  I am a US citizen and we got married 9/2007/ We just sent his application for green card.  I called the US immigration and they said as long as the application has been sent he is now on the safe side meaning he will not be arrested for not attending school.  Is this true? I just want to make sure.  The college international advisor has already threatened him telling him if he does not register for classes she will report him.  Also he has been here since july 2006 and has not missed one semester.  He even asked her just to waive one semester and he will attend the next semester but she refused and told him she will report him.   if she reports him will he be arrested even after we send in our papers?  also i called immigration they told me if we cannot afford the fees to go ahead and right a letter explaining why we need our fees waived.  What are the chances of the fee being waived?

If you have filed the right applications,your spouse should not have problems of being arrested. I would suggest that you contact a local immigration attorney and request him to talk to the college international advisor.

Ramassamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,