Immigration Issues/F1 visa to greencard

Question

My husband came as an F-1 visa.  I am a US citizen and we got married 9/2007/ We just sent his application for green card.  I called the US immigration and they said as long as the application has been sent he is now on the safe side meaning he will not be arrested for not attending school.  Is this true? I just want to make sure.  The college international advisor has already threatened him telling him if he does not register for classes she will report him.  Also he has been here since july 2006 and has not missed one semester.  He even asked her just to waive one semester and he will attend the next semester but she refused and told him she will report him.   if she reports him will he be arrested even after we send in our papers?  also i called immigration they told me if we cannot afford the fees to go ahead and right a letter explaining why we need our fees waived.  What are the chances of the fee being waived?

Answer
Sanaa,
If you have filed the right applications,your spouse should not have problems of being arrested. I would suggest that you contact a local immigration attorney and request him to talk to the college international advisor.

Sincerely,
Ramassamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan