Immigration Issues/F2 to H1


Dear Ashley,
My spouse is on F2 and she came to US recently. She wants to apply for H1. She did Bachelors in Science (Maths, electronics and computer science), a three year degree course. She studied the course between 2001 to 2004, but she completed her backlog exams in 2007. (Her degree certificate from college mentions the same thing, and from University mentions that she passed few exams in 2004 and few in 2007).

She worked in a software company from 2004 to 2007 ( three years and one month, the period after completion of her studies, but before passing the final exams).

Is she is eligible to apply for H1? If not, what is your suggestion to improve her chances for H1?

Thank You


She should be eligible H1 because of her three years education and three years experience.  This could be seen as an equivalent of a US bachelors degree.  I suggest that you get an educational evaluation to confirm this.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.