Immigration Issues/Filing for 16-year-old sister

Question
I am a U.S. citizen now and want to file the I-130 for my parents, who currently live here in the States. (they were previously filing papers under my father's U.S. citizen sister, but I thought being an "immediate relative" might speed up the process). I understand that I must file for each of them separately. My question actually pertains to my 16-year-old sister ... she came with my parents when she was eight. What happens with her. Do I file for her separately? Or is she automatically included with my father's application. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Answer
Dear Mariano,

Yes, file a seperate I-130 for each parent. Your parents are considered "immediate relatives".

Re. your sister, a seperate I-130 for your sister should be filed. This will be the fourth family preference category, and it will probably take at least 10 years for a visa to be available in this category.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora