You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1 transfer with Employer's Indian paystub


Hi Mr. Ashley,
I would be thankful if you can clear my doubts regarding H1 transfer.

I am presently working with a company A in India. Company A applied for my H1 and got it stamped in Aug 2007. I am still in India as company A couldnot get me to US. Another company B(in US) is ready to transfer my Visa. They are asking me to fly to US with my present visa and once I reach US company B will apply for H1 transfer. My questions are:
1. Is there any risk at the port of entry
2. will my H1 transfer get approved without my Company A's US pay stub? will my company A's Indian paystub work??


Company B is requiring you to break US immigration laws.  You can only enter the US on H1B by entering to work for the Company that sponsored your H1B.  If company B wants to hire you they should apply for an H1B and obtain an approval and then ask you to come to the US on that visa.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.