Immigration Issues/J-1 waiver to H-1B to green card

Question
I was granted a J-1 waiver in 2006 (has 3 year requirement of employment with my current job sponsor) and now on H-1B. My commitment ends June 2009.  I also got married to a US citizen last fall 2007.  When can I start the process of "greencard through marriage"?  Since I have my H-1B until July 2009, do I still need the I-765 application for employment with the rest of the I-140, I-485, etc.

Answer
Betty,
You may begin the process now.  In fact you could have filed everything as early as you marraige date.  If you wish to stay on H you do not need an EAD but if you desire to work for another employer or a non H employer then I would suggest that you file for the EAD with the adjustment of status documents.  it usually takes three months to receive.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley