Immigration Issues/J1 EU


Can a citizen of France issue his J1 VISA in the US embassy in the UK, or is he restricted to the US Embassy in France? Thank you. Kate

The US consulates outside France will accept visa applications  based on your residence. If you reside in the UK they will accept your application, if you are on a visit or temporary stay, you would need to email the consulate and check if they will accept or not.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.