Immigration Issues/J1 to H1

Question
Dear Sir,
First of all thanks for your time. To begin with currently I am on a J1 Visa which is valid until August, 2008. The hotel I am associated with has a policy of offering H1B to only managers but I am on a Supervisory Level. Though I have filed J1 waiver in December, 2007. I am concerned about the timing of getting a waiver and April 2008 for H1B application. What do you for see is it possible? If yes than what can be done right now to sped up the waiver process & if you think no then what could be a suitable alternate option?

Many Thanks

Puneet

Answer
Puneet,
There is no expedited process to do this based upon the facts stated, but if you receive the advisory opinion before April you can proceed to file the H-1 even if you have not received the approval from the USCIS.
Good luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley