Immigration Issues/L2 to EAD

Question
Hello Mr. Ramaswamy,

I hold an L2 visa and have just arrived in the United States.  I understand that I would have to apply for SSN and EAD to start working here.  Would you know how long does it normally take till I can actually work?  I have heard from some people that it's usually 30 days.  Some have said minimum 90 days.  Please advise.

Rahul

Answer
Rahul,
You can begin work only after your EAD is approved. The time frame for the USCIS to approve your application normally takes from 2-3 months. There is no definite time frame available for this your friends are right.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan