Immigration Issues/L2 to H1


My wife recently went to US on L1. Her employer is now ready to sponsor L2 for me. Prior to this I am having valid H1B papers of 2006 quota( Which I have not yet used and not yet attend for stamping in Delhi).
Now my question is What are the  various options to convert my visa from L2 to H1 by using my old H1B approval papers, after entering USA on L2.


The employer does not need to sponsor your L-2. You need to take your wife's L-1, documents of her work (pay stubs-W-2) and obtain your L-2 visa.
If you enter the US on L-2 then you need to apply for change of status from L-2 to H-1B. This is the only option.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.