Immigration Issues/Need to get my wife legal...

Question
Hello and first of all thank you for your time.

My wife entered through Mexico about 3 years ago and was entered into the immigration process where they gave her 6 months to present in court. What that exactly meant I really do not know, sounds more like a temporary visa to me.

Anyway, we met shortly after and I asked her not to leave. At this point we have conceived a beautiful baby boy and subsequently married.

We've been scared of applying for Green Card so just to be on the safe side, I started my Citizenship process. Hoping maybe it'll help.

But what do I do and what are my odds to be able to keep her here and make her legal? She has all intentions of working and establishing a faithful relationship to this country.

thank you again for your time and help.

Answer

Since your wife appears to have entered the U.S. legally, she should be able to adjust status within the U.S.

My recommendation is to sponsor your wife after you become a U.S. citizen. The following webpage is helpful: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora