Immigration Issues/OPT->H1-B

I am an F1 student and my OPT started on 01/07/2008 and is valid until 01/06/2009. I was supposed to graduate in February 2008, but now have to defer it to June 2008. I would like to get my H1 filed this year because if it is filed next year, I would have a huge gap of nine months between my OPT expiration and H1 start.
My questions are:
1. Is there any way I can file my H1 this year in April 2008 under masters' quota without possessing the degree? (Maybe with proof that I would be graduating in June)
2. What are the chances of me getting an H1 in the bachelors' quota in April 2008?

1.  If you have completed all of the course work and passed everything and are only waiting on the diploma then you could file for H1B.
2.  I do not know the answer to this.  There are more applicants than available visas so it would just be a guess.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient