You are here:

Immigration Issues/Query regarding change of status



I am planning for status change from H1 to H4.I had an H1 transfer done few months back and have not received any pay stubs or tax forms from my employer.
Can you please let me know
1) if My H1 details along with pay stub will be needed for the change of status application?
2) what are the documents needed for change of status other than ones mentioned below?
a) form I-539.
b) My husband's H1 documents.I129
c) both the passports.
d) both I94.
e) marriage certificate.

thank you,

In addition to the documents you have listed  you also need to add your current H-1B approval notice. Generally, in my experience the USCIS will not ask for the paystubs and will be satisfied with the I-94 and approval notice. But this does not mean that they will not request such information.
Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.