Immigration Issues/UK F1 Citizen

QUESTION: I have read many things about F1 Visa holders and the process for immigration if the marriage is liscensed in the US.  My question is my wife is a UK Citizen, but she has lived in India her whole life.  We have married in India and her F-1 visa before marriage was still active as she is still finishing school in the US.   I was wanting to know what the process would be to have her legally allowed in the states and also if she will still be allowed on her F1 even though we have married in India?

Thank You

ANSWER: Kishan,
You failed to state what your citizenship is. I would need the information to provide you with any advice.

Ramasamy Krishnan

QUESTION: Sorry about that..  I am a US Citizen.  Just to clarify my question:
What would be the legal process for a UK citizen who was born and raised in India, is on a F1 visa to the US to study prior to marriage and the marriage has taken place in India?  

Also since we were married in India, will there be any problems with her F1 visa when she tries to renter to finish school?

F-1 visa holders should not have any immigrant intent. Since she is married to to a US citizen this would be the obvious presumption. So the officer at the port of entry may prevent her from entering the US on F visa.  The other option wuould be to come on K visa status this would take some time to obtain.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,