Immigration Issues/Visa for under-18?


Hello Mr. Mark Ashley. I live in Argentina and I've got a 14yr old daughter who wants to be a singer and an actress and she'd like to develop her carreer in the USA. Our family's going to travel to LA this July to try to get her signed to a record label or something. My question is: does she need to have a different Visa to aloud her to work in the USA or since she's under 18 she doesn't need one? Thanks in advance.

Non U.S. citizens working or living in the US are required to have visas.  In your case, your daughter would be required to have a P visa.  I would suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney to fully discuss her options as they cannot be fully discussed in this forum.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.