Immigration Issues/b1 /b2 visa

hi i have a friend thats apply for a b1 visa in Tijuana Mexico and denied the reason , when he was  like 12 years old he was caught at the border trying to cross illegally he is now 25 and has his job ,family,house and all things needed for the visa my questions is ? I there any waiver he can apply for ? thanks

The issue for a B1 is very difficult to pin down. In short, the applicant must prove that he will return to Mexico after his brief visit tot he US. He must show not just that he has a good reason to enter the USA, but that he has very significant reasons to return to Mexico. This can often be very difficult to prove even for the most legitimate applicants. It does not help your friend that so many people who receive B visas abuse them.

Best of luck.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar