Immigration Issues/change of status


hi Mark Ashley, my name is cheikhou. my brother is an American citizen who filed the I 30 form for me. i still was in my country( senegal) when he was filing the application for me. now i am in the Us as a international student. i wanna know is it possible for me to change my f1 status to something else. or is there any way that i can speed up the process.
tank you

I am not sure that your F-1 status is valid.  There could be an issue whether you disclosed the fact that an immigration petition had been filed for you prior to applying for an F-1 visa.  In answer to your question, there is nothing to speed up the immigrant petition processing.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.