You are here:

Immigration Issues/US citzen marrying chinese girl and getting her visa


I want to know is it better to marry the girl in china or US. i live in china now but will move back to the us in august, i want her to come with me, should we get a fiance visa or should i marry her now and apply for spouse visa, also if she came in on a business visa and married would she be allowed to stay?

As far as China is concerned obtaining a finance visa or a visa for a married spouse is longer than at other consulates.    There is not much time difference between the two visas.  Now, if your future wife comes to the US on another visa and then gets married then the USCIS could view this as being potential fraud.  
Good luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]