Immigration Issues/What happens if N400 appl. is turned down?

I had a DUI conviction in Dec 2000 and was on probation from May 2001 to April 2002. I want to apply for naturalization, but understand that my application may be turned down for lack of moral character.

What would happen to my status is my application is turned down? Is it possible that the authorities mat consider revoking my permanent  residence?

If that is the case I would rather not file my N400 and just remain in the US as permanent resident.

If it is the only conviction that you have, I would not worry about the denial if it happens. I doubt that they will deny it. But if they deny the N-400 it will not result in any revocation of your permanent residency. You will be eligible to apply for a fresh N-400.

Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,