Immigration Issues/illegal married to US citizen

Question
My aunt who entered the country legally by getting married to Us citizen but things didn't work out between them and she divorced him before the NIS interview and got married to another US citizen again and had a child with him now. She has been here for 10 years. She is afraid that she will be separated from her family and does not let her husband file I-30. What could be happening to her?

Answer
Wow!  Well if that is what she wants to do then so be it. As to what is happening to her only a Psychiatrist could help her. She needs to go to an attorney and have the attorney explain everything to her. He or she will charge her, but it will be worth it. If she entered legally, and is married to a US citizen, then she qualifies for a Permanent Resident Visa. Simple as that. But if she wants to live the way she is living, that is up to her. I frankly do not understand what she is thinking or what her fears are. What ever they are, the fears are unreasonable and not based on fact.

Alexander J. Hay