Immigration Issues/I need help


I am a US citizen and my fiancee is a UK citizen and is also a student in the UK. We are both wanting him to transfer here to the US, but we are also wanting to get married. We want to remain in the US. We want to get married as soon as possible, but also want him to go to school here. We just want to be together. I would be able to support us. I am just wondering, what can we do so that he can transfer here as a student, but so we can also get married here as well? What can we do?

There are three options:
1.  he can come to the US on an F visa (Student Visa) or
2.  he can come to the US on a K visa (finance Visa) or
3.  You can get married and bring him over as a spouse of a US citizen.  
Good luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]