Immigration Issues/This question is out of your realm, but it would be nice if you can help me out.

Question
I was born a United States citizen, and I would like for a cousin of mine, who lives in the Dominican Republic to visit here, or possibly live here. I am completely ignorant of this topic and have no idea where to start for him to come here. I would like for my cousin to visit as soon as he can. Where do I go about in initiaing the process of his arrival?

Answer
Joseph,
One way your cousin could visit would be for him to apply for a B visa.  This visa is given to an individual who is coming to the United States for a visit only.  This will not allow him to work and will only be given if the immigration officer believes that he has no intention of overstaying his visit or coming to the US to stay.  There are many other ways to visit but this forum is not set up to discuss the many ways for him to visit.  You may want to check out the USCIS.gov to see the requirments for the B visa.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley