Immigration Issues/Not sure whether can travel or not

I got married to a US citizen in June outside of the US, and then I got admitted to a graduate school in US with a sponsorship, so I applied for F-1 visa to study there. During the visa application interview, my husband was there with me, and they know that my husband is a citizen. I got the F-1 visa and now I'm in US.

My husband won't file for adjustment status yet until May 2008 so I am now under F-1 visa. My question is: Is it okay if I were to leave US to go to my home country before May 2008? Will they let me back in US under F-1 visa and I-20 since I haven't filled for adjustment of status yet?

Thank you for you help.

If you F1 visa is valid and you are still a student you should be able to go home for holiday.  The marriage to a US citizen will always be a hindrance for travel.  Another officer at the port of entry may decide otherwise.  If questioned, you should tell that you husband was likewise present at the interview and the original consular officer was aware of the issue.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient