Immigration Issues/visa extension


Dear Sir,

I have a 10 years visa both tourist and business but I am allowed to stay till April 2008. I am planning to marry sometime in June. Will you please advise me how is best I can do? To file for an extension, to go back to my home country in April or just wait till the wedding? We are now planning all the things and I am not quite sure how long it will take. If I go back to my home country, how long I should stay there so that i come back again, being legal and have the wedding? What are my chances to get the extension providing i will be already staying here 6 months ( i came in october last ). As you know the fees are USD 300 for the extension only.
Appreciate your answer,
Kind regards,
ps : my husband to be is an US citizen

Assuming you entered the US legally, you do not need to leave the US and then reenter the US to get married.  However, I would still suggest that visit with an immigration attorney so that he can fully evaluate all of the facts of your case to make sure.
Good luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.