Immigration Issues/H1B TRANSFER, PERM

Question
Hi Ajay, thank you for taking my question.
I'm under H1B one year already, and three months ago my employer filed a Labor Certification (no news yet).
Last week I had a job offer, I know the H1B can be transferred but what about the Labor Certification? Can that be transferred? Do I have to start a new process with the new employer? If so, will the first request block the new one?
Thank you again for taking my question...

Answer
Hi Ignacio,

Unfortunately, the Labor Certification (also known as PERM) cannot be transferred to the new employer. The new employer can file a PERM application for you; the first PERM filing will not prevent the filing of a new PERM application by a new employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora