Immigration Issues/H1B revoke . .OPT status

Question
I am in a unfamiliar situation. My OPT started this 19th August. My H1B got approved by an employer on 11th September. The employer asks for money even to release my I-797. I do not want to work for him and wish to get it revoked. Will My OPT continue then. I have got varied responses on the same and do not know what to do?

Answer
Prad,
If the employer had filed for your H-1B as a change of status from F to H then you cannot continue on OPT after the start date.  Leaving the country and reentering on OPT would be an option. If the start date on the H-1B is October 1, 2008 you better start doing something about it.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan