Immigration Issues/H1B revoke . .OPT status

I am in a unfamiliar situation. My OPT started this 19th August. My H1B got approved by an employer on 11th September. The employer asks for money even to release my I-797. I do not want to work for him and wish to get it revoked. Will My OPT continue then. I have got varied responses on the same and do not know what to do?

If the employer had filed for your H-1B as a change of status from F to H then you cannot continue on OPT after the start date.  Leaving the country and reentering on OPT would be an option. If the start date on the H-1B is October 1, 2008 you better start doing something about it.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,