You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1B transfer from IT to non-IT company


I have H1B from one of the IT company from Oct 1,2008. Now I got offer from non-IT company. Do I have to file new H1B or transfer the current H1B? Do I need paycheck and copy of H1B approval from IT company for applying new h1b ? The problem is the company is not putting me in project and I don't have paycheck and I don't have the H1B approval copy.
What is the better way if the company is not ready to give me H1B copy?

thank you for your valuable suggesstion.

First you need a have a new H-1B application filed to work for a new company. The USCIS will require to show pay checks. I would suggest that you consult with the attorney who will be filing your H-1B on how to obtain the copy of the approval notice.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.