Immigration Issues/Tranfer from H1b back to F1 after approval

Question
I seem to be in a unusual situation. I would appreciate any help from you.
I came to the U.S. on a F-1 visa and graduated in May 2007 and was authorized for a year of OPT (6/4/07-06/3/08).   
In April of 08 my employer petitioned for an H-1B for me which was approved and therefore I had cap gap OPT as a result of the approved petition. So I worked until August and then joined another school (masters) in late August.
Now, I don't know what to do about my status since I might still be on my H1b but I am currently attending classes.
Also,
I don't know if the H-1B was submitted with a change of status request (but it would seem to need to have been to be eligible for cap gap OPT), and I'm not sure of the current status of the H-1B petition (was it withdrawn since I'm no longer working there?).  

Thank you for any help

Answer
Afshin,
You should have been aware that the USCIS had extended the F-1 status to cover the cap-gap for applicants who had been selected or whose H had been approved.  

I cannot provide you with any help if you do not know if the H has been filed as a COS or under visa processing. You need to call your employer and check on this.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan