Immigration Issues/no interview letter yet

Question
Hi... i got married sept 2006 and in january i applied for a change of status, and my husband filed a petition. we did everything correct. now its been more than a year and i still havent received a letter for my interview. im a liltle bit concern what can be causing this delay?  also is there anything i can do to move this procedure?
Thanks!

Answer

You should have received a receipt notice from the USCIS for Forms I-130 (Petition for alien relative) as well as Form I-485 (adjustment of status application) within a month of filing. There is a case number on these receipt notices, and status can be checked online with the USCIS. You should have been scheduled for biometrics (fingerprinting) within a few months of filing as well.

You can call 800-375-5283 for USCIS customer service to check the status of your case as well.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora