Immigration Issues/urgent help


sorry about the long first email i entred the us with a k1 visa,after 9 month my x wife she withdrewed her affidavit support,and i went to the immigration office and, i was under their custody,the immigration judge granted me a voluntary departure,i come back home before the time they gave to me,i didn't broke any immigration law up,i never worked in the us,no chargesor being convicted or overstayed more than 5 months,my question is,do you think i have a 3/10 years bar on me,?i'll be glad to hear from you again

It is hard to say, but no I do not believe you have a 3/10 bar. You did not stay in the US out of status more than 180 days. But you may have a 5 year bar on you because you were in deportation proceedings. Even though you accepted voluntary departure you still were held in custody. It would have been better for you to simply have left of your own free will without having any procedures. But you should contact your local US consular office about this issue.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.