Immigration Issues/485 & AC 21

Question
Dear Ajay, I was working with Company A from Jan 2004 and had my I-140 approved in Oct 2006. I moved to another company B, in Feb 07 because client contract issue.Company A filed I-485, when all PD was current in Jul 07. Now i got an RFE to provide my current employment details. I am on Company B H1B now. Is there any risk in my 485 application?.
I will Join Company A, when the 485 is approved.
Also, Since I moved to the new company before i filed 485, Can I use AC21 with new company ?. If so how do i calculate the 180 days?

Please help.
Thanks
Giri

Answer

Your I-485 should be approved, if you have the support of Employer A (they have not revoked the I-140 petition, and are offering you permanent full-time employment when approval of I-485).

If you do not have the support of Employer A, your I-485 may be denied because you moved to Employer B before I-485 was pending for at least 180 days.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora