Immigration Issues/Illegal In America


I am from Colombia and have been in USA for  yrs now. My Visa has expired. I am now pregnant by a US citizen, I do not think he will marry me because I told him I could not have more children. he is angry with me but does not want our child to go to Colombia. What should I do now? I have another child that was born here and another born in my country. Please help

This really is more of a psychology question than a legal question. If he does not marry you, then you will not get a visa.

Now how to get him to marry you? It seems a little late to hold out on sex to him.

Maybe threaten to take yourself and your child back to Columbia????  I don't know this man. You do. You need to figure out how to get him to marry you.

Or get another US citizen to marry you???

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]