Immigration Issues/Immigration


I came here on a B-2 Visa 5 years ago at the age of 16 and due to circumstances I am not lawfully present in the U.S. I graduated from college. Am  able to app;y for a work visa? In other words, can an employer sponsor me?

My Grandmother is a Permanent Residence. Can she sponsor me?

What options are available for me?

Since you are out of status at this time, your employer cannot sponsor you. Neither can your Grandmother be of any help.  The only way at this time that you can adjust is to get married to a US citizen. Or wait to see if the new Obama administration introduces any new immigration laws to help people in your situation.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]