Immigration Issues/I have both H1 and L2

Question
I have got my L2 but from my husband's L1 who is in US now. I couldn't travel with him that time. Now, I have got H1B from my employer. But, I am not sure when I will be traveling.

Below are my questions:
1. Can I have both the VISA's in force?
2. If I travel on L2 now, will my H1 be invalidated or If I travel on H1, will my L2 be invalidated?

Answer
Padmaja,
If the H-1B petition was filed as a change of status you will become a H-1B visa holder from the  effective start date. If it was not filed as change of status then you continue to be in L-2 visa until you leave the country and reenter the US on H visa.

You cannot have two statuses at the same time. Travel does not invalidate any visas.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan