Immigration Issues/re -entering US with H4 when H1 rejected

Question
My wife got H4 ext in July and H1 in OCt.she did not got the job yet and she has got only one pay stub for OCT 08.If we go to INDIA and her H1 get  rejected can she go for H4 stamping and come back on H4.

Answer

Your wife is technically violating H4 status if she is not employed by her H1B employer. I recommend that she depart the U.S. soon (no more than 180 days after October 01, 2008), and apply for H4 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in her home country. Since any violation of H1B status would have been for less than 180 days, the Consulate should issue her H4 visa stamp (assuming that you, as her spouse, are maintaining your H1B visa status).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora