Immigration Issues/residence


I am a green card holder.
If I travel and I stay out of the US longer than 6 months but less than 12 months, how do I prove that I did not abandon my residence in the US?
Thanks for your answer.

Traveling out of the US for over six months should not be an issue. Any commonsense evidence to show that you intend to remain a permanent residence of the US such as lease agreement, property, bank accounts, insurance, payment of US income taxes...will work.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.