Immigration Issues/Extension for H1 beyond 6 years

Question
Sir,

My company is applying for 1 year extension of H1B as i am completing six years of issuance of H1B on Feb 29, 2008 on the basis of approved PERM labor 365 days ago as I-140 is pnding. In the last 6 years i have been outside country for around 6 months so can i request company to file H1B for 1 and a half year by including those 5-6 months and one year on the basis on pending I-140 or the company can either apply for 5 months at one time and later again apply for one year extension? Please suggest that what should i ask my company people.

thanks.

John

Answer

You can request the one year extension beyond six years at the same time that you recapture time spent outside the U.S. Therefore, you can request the extension for 1 year plus 5-6 months that you were outside the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora