Immigration Issues/Regarding change from F1 to green card

Question
I have 2 questions.
1) I am on my F1 visa and married to a green card in jan this year in India. I am currently on my opt that expires in aug 2009. Should my husband file for the I-130 now? can he simultaneouly file for EAD? Is there a pending application status that I can stay back in the US on.
2) If i am required to get an H1 visa , what are the chances for an H1 for a Bachelors in business adminitration degree holder..

Thank you very much

Answer

If your husband files an I-130 petition, you will have shown an intent to immigrate to the U.S., which is not consistent with maintenance of F1 status, and therefore I do not recommend that an I-130 petition be filed if the sponsor is not a U.S. citizen. An EAD application cannot be filed along with the I-130 petition, unless an I-485 (adjustment of status) application is filed concurrently with the I-130. However, the I-485 cannot be filed at this time since your husband is not yet a U.S. citizen. Additional information about the family preference categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

An H1B petition should be approved if the position for which you are sponsored requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related fields.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora