Immigration Issues/I-864 Affidavit of Support

Question
I'm a US citizen married to a UK citizen currently living in the UK on a spouse visa. We are in the process of applying for a US spouse visa for my husband. I have a few questions.

First, I am not currently employed in the US but have an open job offer that will be effective upon our arrival. What information would I need to provide with the I-864 Affidavit of Support? Would a letter of a job offer that included a pay-rate be enough?

Second, I understand that I have to prove that I intend to reestablish my domicile in the US. Would that same letter of a job offer be sufficient proof?

Thank you for your help.

Answer
If you did not file taxes in US in any of the last 3 years, you will need a financial cosponsor to supply their taxes, job letter and proof of green card or USC. You will also have to file an affidavit as to why you did not file and submit the job offer letter.

To prove domicile set up a bank accoutn and residence and get bills in your name.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>