Immigration Issues/H1-b visa to H4 visa conversion

Question

I have H1-b visa. I had to apply for another 3- yr visa extension for another 3 yrs in Nov 1 2007. But I forgot to apply for extension. I have applied for extension in Nov 21 2007 in Normal process. After applying it I checked and sent application fee wrong. So before getting a any information from Immigration I have applied again on Dec26th 2007 with premium process. Then my premium file has taken and got receipt number on jan 02 2008. After 3 days I got a mail from immigration need more information by the end of apr 1 2008.
  So I want to apply for H4 visa now without submiiting that information to immigration regarding my h1-b.

My husband has EAD card. I am planning to apply for H4 visa. How many days it will take to get apply and get approval. I need to get a h4 visa before apr 1 2008.

Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
  Jaya

Answer
Jaya,
When you state that "you applied"  and "I checked and sent application fee wrong" do you mean your employer/lawyer who filed your H-1B. Because H-1B applications are to be filed by the employer.

You also need to provide information on the basis your husband got his EAD.

You can apply for H-4 provided your husband is on H-1B. If he is currently using his EAD then he is not considered to be on H-1B.

So without this information, I am unable to answer your questions or give any suggestions.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Ramasamy Krishnan