Immigration Issues/H1 transfer without paystubs

Question
Hi Mr.Ajay,

I am working with company A, on L1 and I also have a valid H1-B approval from Company B. I got my H1-B stamping in the first week of February 2008 so that I can start working on H1-B. Currently I am in the notice period for Company A, since I have to give 2 weeks notice for resignation. Now I am having another offer from company C. Can I transfer my H1 from Company B to Company C without any problems,since I still do not yet have any pay stubs from Company B?

Answer
Hi Kondala,

You are now currently in H-1B status through Co. B. Therefore, for you to be granted extension of H-1B status through Co. C, you would need at least a couple of paystubs through Co. B.

Alternatively (if you do not have paystubs through Co. B), I recommend that Co. C file for you through premium processing. Upon approval, go to a U.S. Consulate in your home country to be issued H-1B visa stamp in the name of Co. C, and when you enter the U.S. you can start working for Co. C.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora